Hours: Part-time internship (20 hours per week minimum), early January and ends late May, flexible hours
Compensation: $500 monthly stipend OR school credit
Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing, media production, graphic design, digital animation, video production, social media management, etc.
Contact: Nicole Zefran at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Global Business School Network’s internship program is an integral part of the organization. Interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. GBSN seeks interns who are well-organized team players with a commitment to and interest in international development, responsible business, inclusive and sustainable societies, non-profits, digital marketing and/or communications. Interning with GBSN is a great way to gain real world experience that prepares you for a career in non-profit management, international development, communications, business, or many other avenues.
The Multimedia Intern will work closely with GBSN’s staff in shaping and maintaining our online presence by scripting, editing, and producing content in line with our target audience. This role requires video editing and animation competencies, and the ability to transform raw footage into easily digestible content pieces. The role further includes maintaining a web presence, working on designing marketing and conference materials, and maintain social media accounts. Additionally, the multimedia intern may have the opportunity to work on projects involving website development, marketing design, video production and strategic planning, allowing for valuable experience in the field of design and communications.
GBSN strives for excellence in the workplace and an environment that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration.
Responsibilities (projects will be dependent on organizational needs and intern’s interests and abilities):
- Edit and produce audiovisual content to live across all GBSN platforms
- Support the 2022 GBSN Beyond Hybrid conference, by creating promotional materials, highlight reels, sponsor lightning reels, interview spots, podcast episodes, graphics, etc.
- Support the promotion and production of GBSN virtual events and meetings, like Webinars and Cross-Border Collabs
- Write/Edit/Compile multimedia packages for GBSN newsletter, blog, podcast, youtube channel, website and social media channels
- Support the maintenance of GBSN’s social media accounts
- Assist with maintenance of GBSN website and online community
- Contribute to producing digital analytics reports for overall online performance
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material utilized throughout the internship
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties
- Proficiency with audiovisual design software i.e. Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro essential
- Experience with animation would be a plus
- Ability to work and be supervised in-person and remotely
- Office experience and fluency in English required
- Maturity to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a professional environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
- General interest in social media, online communications, graphic design, media production
Benefits: To increase the student’s knowledge and abilities in nonprofit public relations, event planning, digital communications, marketing, web development, etc. GBSN offers a dynamic and creative work environment that embraces inclusivity and diversity.
To Apply: Email Nicole Zefran at email@example.com
- Cover letter that indicates how you learned of the internship and details your interest and qualifications (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- Portfolio Demonstrating Abilities
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. GBSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.